Contrary to popular belief, remedying dry skin isn’t as simple as applying a hydrating body moisturiser or face cream. Instead, there are 3 diligent steps to follow – but don’t worry, we talk you through them all below. Read on to discover how to treat dry skin.
How To Treat Dry Skin
Step 1: Exfoliate
As dead skin cells and clogged pores act as a barrier that prevents hydrating products from being effectively absorbed into the skin, prepping and priming the skin is essential. That’s where exfoliation comes in.
Benefits of exfoliation
Exfoliation will help to unclog pores and scrub away dead skin cells, allowing moisturising ingredients to penetrate and hydrate the skin.
- For facial exfoliation: Our Diamond Dust Refining Scrub boasts purifying French Rose Clay, refining Pink Diamond Dust and illuminating Rose Quartz Extract to gently polish the skin and clear the pores, revealing sparklingly clean skin that looks refreshed and feels smooth.
- For daily body exfoliation: Our iconic Body Scrub blends natural Pumice and Essential Oils to gently polish, smooth and refine. Suitable for daily use, it leaves skin feeling velvety soft and looking beautifully radiant every day.
- For deep body exfoliation: For a deeper exfoliation, use our indulgent Salt Scrub once a week to intensely exfoliate and soften. Its decadent formula, enriched with Sea Salts suspended in nourishing oils leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and polished.
Related: How To Exfoliate
Step 2: Cleanse With A Moisturising Shower Gel & Cleanser
One of the best ways to treat dry skin is to cleanse the face with a hydrating cleanser and the body with a moisturising shower gel. Not only will they wash away the dirt and oils that might otherwise clog your pores and prevent hydrating ingredients from being properly absorbed, but they will moisturise the skin too.
The best moisturising face wash
Boasting Jojoba Beads, moisturising Almond Oil and gentle cleansing actives, the Moisture Burst Facial Wash is a refreshing daily face cleanser that washes away dirt, impurities and makeup. Skin is left feeling beautifully cleansed with a fresh, dewy glow.
The best moisturising shower gels
Choosing the right shower gel to treat dry skin comes down to 2 key things: ingredients and texture. Look for deeply nourishing ingredients, such as Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter or Sunflower Oil, then opt for your preferred texture, such as a cream, foam or oil.
- Moisturising shower foam: Blending Gold Of Pleasure Oil and Sweet Almond Oil, the 3 Day Long Lasting Moisture Shower Burst is an ultra-luxurious and intensely hydrating shower foam that leaves skin feeling cleansed, soft and deeply moisturised for up to 3 days.
- Shower oil: Filled with Gold Of Pleasure Oil and Omega 3, 6 and 9, the 2 Day Long Lasting Moisture Oil should be massaged onto wet skin to leave it feeling cleansed, soft and hydrated.
- Shower cream: Formulated with Shea Butter, Sunflower Oil and Vitamin E, the creamy 12-Hour Moisturising Shower Cream cocoons the skin in a luscious lather that softens and smooths.
Step 3: Lock In Moisture
The final step to treating dry skin is to apply a deeply nourishing body moisturiser. When choosing your cream, look for hydrating ingredients, such as Aloe Vera, Argan Oil, Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter.
The best moisturiser for dry skin
Combining Hyaluronic Acid with plumping Matrixyl Synthe’ 6™ and nourishing Shea Butter, the Supercharged Hyaluronic Face and Neck Crème provides an intense burst of moisture and helps to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier. Apply to clean, dry skin once a day for a more hydrated, younger, and firmer-looking complexion.
The best body moisturiser for dry skin
- To treat dry skin: One of the best body moisturisers for dry skin? Our Wet Skin Radiance Jelly. By applying it onto drenched skin immediately after showering, this refreshing jelly is clinically proven to lock in 3 times the hydration and 3 times more radiance than other moisturisers. Apply after every shower for skin that feels nourished and looks glowing.
- For dry, sensitive skin: Our iconic Body Lotion, filled with Aloe Vera and Argan Oil, boasts a lightweight formula that absorbs effortlessly into the skin, leaving it feeling replenished, soothed and lusciously moisturised.
- For very dry skin: Very dry skin should be treated with a rich and restorative body butter, like our Ultra Rich Body Butter. Blending Wheatgerm Oil, Shea and Cocoa Butters, it melts into the skin to soften, replenish and restore.
To treat dry skin, simply exfoliate, cleanse and moisturise every day. You’ll notice a difference almost immediately. Explore our full range of moisturising shower gels, body moisturisers for dry skin and face creams for dry skin on our website.
A Guide to Moisturising Body Butters
Discover what body butter is, what it’s used for and how to apply it.
How To Hydrate Skin: Skin Hydration Routine
It’s the secret to glowing, smooth skin.
A Guide to Hydrating Body Mists
Body mists and sprays are easy to use, ultra-hydrating formulas that deliver intense moisture and luscious fragrance.
Demystifying Oils: What Are The Best Oils For Skin?
Follow our advice to experience the transformative abilities of oil-based skincare.