A pampering body scrub massage allows you to exfoliate, soften and smooth your skin while indulging in a little self care from the comfort of your own home. Here’s why and how to use body scrub so that you can save on the expensive spa visits and perform a soothing body scrub treatment at home.
The Benefits Of A Body Scrub Massage
Knowing how to exfoliate your body is a key step in any healthy body care routine, as it helps to improve skin tone and texture. It’s particularly important for ageing skin as cell turnover decreases with age and dead cells can accumulate on the surface if they aren’t buffed away with a body exfoliator.
- Removing Dead Skin Cells: A body scrub is an exfoliator that gently sloughs away dead cells to reveal the healthy and glowing skin underneath.
- Washing Away Impurities: As the dead skin cells are removed, rough-looking skin and impurities are scrubbed away with them, remedying dry patches, blemishes and uneven skin tone.
- Promoting Skin Hydration: By buffing away dead cells, the skin can better absorb other body care products (like moisturisers and oils), leaving skin soft and supple.
- Reducing Stress: As with any spa treatment, a body scrub massage is a relaxing experience that helps to soothe the body and mind.
The Best Body Scrub For A Massage
If you’re looking for the best body scrub to remove dead skin and leave limbs feeling silky smooth, we recommend our decadent, skin-softening Sanctuary Salt Scrub. A sumptuous blend of dead sea salts and nourishing oils, it gently exfoliates the skin while moisturising and hydrating. This nourishing body exfoliator also boasts a beautiful floral scent of Patchouli, Sandalwood and Jasmine.
How To Use A Body Scrub
Now that you’re equipped with the best body exfoliator for the job, it’s time to learn how to use body scrub. Set the mood with some calming music and a few candles and indulge in a relaxing body scrub massage.
Prep the skin
Before you start your body scrub massage routine, soften the skin by soaking in a warm bath for 10 to 15 minutes. Add a few drops of our relaxing Wellness Calming CBD Oil into the water to create a soothing atmosphere. Then, place a towel on the edge of your tub and sit on it without drying the skin.
Top Tip: If you wish to remove your body hair, do so before the body scrub massage, or wait at least 24 hours after.
Massage from the feet upwards
Now you’re ready to begin your body scrub massage! Starting from the feet and working your way upwards can help to boost the circulation by increasing blood flow to the skin’s surface.
- Collect a large scoop of body scrub.
- Massage the top of the feet using small circular motions, then slide between the toes. Gently rub the bottom of the feet, focusing on dry areas, like the heel.
- Starting at the ankles, gently massage your body exfoliator into the legs, working up to the hips.
- Continue across the stomach and chest, using large, clockwise circular motions towards the heart. Be extra gentle around sensitive areas, like the decolletage and breasts.
- Use a body brush with a long handle to reach across the back and bum, using gentle, circular strokes.
- Massage the top of the hands, then slide the scrub along the fingers and across the palms.
- Starting at the wrists, gently massage the scrub into your arms, working up to the shoulder.
- Glide the left hand across the right shoulder to the back of the neck and round to the throat and collar bone. Repeat with the other hand.
Care for the skin
Rinse off the salt scrub in the shower without using any soaps, as this will prevent the skin from absorbing the nourishing oils. Next, moisturise the skin to lock in hydration. We recommend our skin quenching Body Lotion. It blends Aloe Vera with Argan Oil to replenish, soothe and moisturise.
How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Body?
You now know how to give yourself the perfect pampering body scrub massage, but how often should you exfoliate, and do you use body scrub before or after shaving?
For beautifully soft skin, we recommend treating yourself to a body scrub massage once or twice a week. If you wish to remove your body hair, exfoliate beforehand, or wait at least 24 hours afterwards to avoid irritating the skin. Exfoliating first will help you to get a closer shave by removing any clogging dead cells from the skin’s surface.
Now that you know how to use a body scrub, you can perform a body scrub massage to achieve soft, glowing skin, and make yourself feel pampered and relaxed.
Discover exactly what exfoliation is, how it benefits the skin, and how to exfoliate your face.