These small but mighty crystals are the secret ingredient for a bath that relaxes both the mind and body. From wellness tips on how to unwind while you soak to advice on choosing the best bath salts, here’s everything you need to know about these self care essentials.
- What are bath salts?
- What do bath salts do?
- How do bath salts work?
- About our bath salts
- How to use bath salts
What Are Bath Salts?
The bath-lovers among you may already be well acquainted with these skin-nourishing crystals. For those of you who aren’t, you’re in for a treat! Often enriched with essential oils and full of important minerals, adding a handful of relaxing bath salts to your nightly soak can help to soften skin, soothe aching muscles and unwind the mind.
What Do Bath Salts Do?
Renowned for their soothing effect on both the mind and body, adding a generous handful of bath salts to warm water can turn your evening soak into the ultimate act of self care. The benefits of bath salts include:
- Alleviating muscle pain
- Cleansing the pores of dirt and impurities
- Boosting circulation
- Reducing inflammation
- Aiding relaxation
- Leaving skin feeling softer and smoother
How Do Bath Salts Work?
Bath salts are rich in essential minerals like Magnesium and nourishing Sulfates. When dissolved in warm water, the body is able to absorb traces of these important minerals.
Particularly effective when it comes to soothing tired limbs and alleviating muscle fatigue after exercise, Magnesium eliminates the cramps that occur when you have sore muscles. By allowing the skin to absorb Magnesium while you soak, bath salts can directly aid muscle recovery. The body is left feeling wonderfully relaxed, making bath salts the perfect companion for a good night’s sleep!
Many of the best bath salts also contain Epsom or Dead Sea Salt. These salts help to detoxify and cleanse by absorbing trace minerals on the skin, leaving your limbs feeling silky-smooth and beautifully cleansed.
About Our Bath Salts
Whether you’re looking for the best bath salts for an indulgent pampering session or to set you up for a good night’s sleep, we’ve got the perfect bath time treats.
Wellness De-Stress Bath Salts
Packed with Magnesium to soothe tired and aching muscles, there’s nothing like getting into the tub with our sleep bath salts at the end of a long day. With a mood-enhancing Frankincense, Patchouli and Jasmine fragrance, our De-Stress Bath Salts have been specially formulated to help you fall asleep faster and for longer.
Rose Gold Radiance Exquisite Bath Salts
As well as being infused with a nourishing blend of Wheat Germ Oil and Plant Extracts, these luxury bath salts contain illuminating Pearls for a subtly shimmering tub. Experience total relaxation, and skin that feels smooth and soft.
How To Use Bath Salts
To properly reap the benefits of bath salts, make sure you set aside enough time for a long, uninterrupted soak. Removing any distractions (put those notifications on silent!) will allow your mind to fully unwind.
- Step 1: Fill your bath with warm (but not scalding) water. Use this time to make your environment as calming as possible. Why not light a candle, play some gentle music or listen to a podcast?
- Step 2: Once your tub is half full, add a generous handful of your chosen bath salts to the water. Use your hands to swirl the water around, allowing the salts to dissolve.
- Step 3: Continue to run the bath until it’s at your desired depth.
- Step 4: And it’s time to soak! Hop in, lie back and relax. We recommend having a 20 to 30 minute soak if possible – or longer! This will give ample time for your skin to absorb those nourishing minerals while your mind slowly unwinds.
- Step 5: After bathing, both your mind and body should feel thoroughly relaxed. To prepare for the perfect night’s sleep, massage our luxurious Crème Souffle into the skin once dry. Enriched with a nourishing blend of Mango and Jojoba Oils, your limbs will be left feeling beautifully soft and hydrated. To complete your wellness routine, liberally spritz your pillow with our Wellness Sleep Mist before climbing into bed.