From pollution and UV rays to stress and hormones, your skin is constantly subjected to elements that leave it feeling rough and dry. This, of course, is perfectly natural – but if you’d prefer to flaunt soft, radiant skin, keep reading. We explain how to get smooth skin with 4 simple tricks.
- Tip 1: exfoliate twice weekly
- Tip 2: cleanse with Jojoba Beads
- Tip 3: keep skin moisturised
- Tip 4: protect with SPF
What Causes Uneven Skin Texture?
You’re probably wondering ‘why is my skin bumpy?’. Uneven skin texture appears when dead cells build up, making the skin look and feel rough and uneven. It can be caused by:
- Dehydration: Dry, cracked and flaky patches lend skin a rough and uneven appearance.
- Natural ageing: As we age, the natural cell turnover process slows and dead cells accumulate, leaving skin looking uneven.
- Sun exposure: UV rays can damage the collagen fibres in skin, causing a loss in structure. The result? Sagginess, fine lines and wrinkles that make the skin feel uneven.
But don’t worry! We share our 4 top tips on how to get smooth skin below.
How To Get Smooth Skin
Tip 1: Exfoliate twice a week
An essential treatment for both the face and body, exfoliation is the easiest way to buff away dead skin cells, creating a smooth surface and improving the skin’s texture.
Twice a week, after cleansing and while skin is still wet, massage an exfoliator into the skin using upward circular motions. Pay particular attention to dry and dull areas. Then, rinse thoroughly with warm water and pat the skin dry.
Therapist’s Tip: Removing dead cells also allows hydrating product (like moisturisers, body lotions and body butters) to better penetrate the skin, further nourishing, softening and smoothing.
- Best Face Exfoliator: Our Sanctuary Spa Radiance Exfoliator blends exfoliating Apricot Seeds and revitalising Pineapple with skin-brightening Papaya and Pumpkin to exfoliate away dead cells, and reveal refined, refreshed and radiant-looking skin.
- Best Body Scrub: Our signature Body Scrub is infused with natural Pumice and Essential Oils to gently polish, smooth and refine, leaving skin feeling velvety-soft and looking radiant.
- Best Salt Scrub: Our iconic Salt Scrub is formulated with a sumptuous blend of Sea Salts and nourishing oils that gently buff and cleanse the skin.